U.S. Navy School Detachment Billeting


All Sailors attending courses at DINFOS will check in with the Naval Technical Training Center Detachment DINFOS, Fort Meade, Building 8479 6th Armored Calvary Road by COB on their first day of class. The detachment is located one block downhill from the Freedom Hall galley on 6th Armored Cavalry Road. Students arriving after normal working hours will report to the Command Duty Officer for room assignment and report to the Military Training Instructors (MTI's) at 0700 hours the next working day. All personnel residing in the Navy barracks will receive a student handbook that outlines Navy rules and regulations during their stay onboard.

A School Students

All A school students reporting aboard, regardless from Recruit Training Command or elsewhere, are considered Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and will reside in the Barracks, be issued a Meal Card with corresponding meal deductions against their Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS) entitlement, and receive Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) at the Partial rate if single, or Dependent rate if married or sole custody of children.

If married prior to entering the Navy, the government will pay for transportation expenses and household goods shipment to relocate your dependents to Fort Meade. If married after arrival, Fort Meade Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate will start on the date of marriage, with Family Separation Allowance (FSA), type “R”, starting the day the new spouse departs the duty station area.

C School Students

All C school students are advised not to report earlier than the report no earlier than (RNET) date in their orders; Per Diem will not be paid (no room reimbursement will be made) prior to that date. Senior Officers (O-4 and Senior) check-in process will be conducted in their classrooms.

Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) Sailors
You are required to notify the detachment at least two weeks prior to the start of your class. Please email the barracks manager, CS2 Christylmine Cerdan at christylmine.s.cerdan.mil@mail.mil, to ensure barracks room is reserved. The Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ) provides fleet Sailors the benefit of no-cost quarters while they attend DINFOS courses. While residing in the BEQ you are only entitled to the government meal rate, $13.90 plus incidental expense $5 per day. If reporting during normal working hours, report to the Military Training Instructor's (MTI's) office for room assignment, linen issue, and instructions for the following day.

Temporary Duty en Route (PCS) Sailors 

Fort Meade was privatized 1 May, 2013. PCS students will check in for quarters at Candlewood Suites, 4690 Cooper Avenue, (410) 674-7700. It is located on the Corner of Mapes and Cooper roads. Please call him two weeks prior to your course to determine availability of quarters.
You are only required to verify government quarters availability once upon reporting. Residing on post entitles you to the lesser of actual cost or maximum lodging rate of Per Diem, plus the Meals and Incidental Expense (M&IE) rate of $18.90/day. Please be prepared to provide a receipt for the first night’s quarters to the admin officer upon check-in for your Per Diem advance(s).

If Candlewood Suites are not available, you will then be authorized off-post quarters. Certificates of Non-Availability (CNA) numbers are not required. Your Per Diem entitlement will be based on the lesser of your actual expense or maximum lodging rate of Per Diem plus $66/day Meals and Incidental Expenses (M&IE). Full lodging reimbursement fluctuates from $109/day from November through April, and returns to $134/day from May through October.


If you are coming from overseas duty with follow-on overseas assignment, with Candlewood Suites not available,  and don’t have a car, you are more than welcome to reside in our barracks for the duration of your course by contacting CS2 Christylmine Cerdan at christylmine.s.cerdan.mil@mail.mil, (301) 677-5112.

Travel Advance(s)
Please be prepared to provide a receipt for the first night’s quarters to the admin officer upon check-in for your Per Diem advance(s). TDY Per Diem is paid in 45-day increments with first payment usually deposited in your Direct Deposit account within two weeks, of delivering hotel receipt. If your course is only two weeks, then your Per Diem will be 2 weeks lodging at least cost, plus applicable M&IE, times 14, times 80%.  YES!  Per Diem is only paid at 80%, so the remaining 20% plus room taxes not advanced, are paid on the travel claim liquidation completed upon arrival at your next permanent duty station (NPDS).

If you have any questions, please call the Admin Officer Mr. Hodges, (301) 677-6285, or e-mail him at bradley.w.hodges3.civ@mail.mil.