Job Description: Information Technology Specialist Contract Training Instructor (full-time)
The Defense Information School is now accepting applications for the position of Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC).
This position will be responsible for ensuring the IT security and safety of information systems assets for a school of over 600 students and a faculty of 300 as part of DINFOS’ Information Technology (IT) Support Branch, Directorate of Plans and Technology (DPT).
The position will close Oct. 4, 2022.
Details and application info HERE if you already have status within the Department of Defense or the Federal Government
Details and application info HERE if you are coming from outside the government
This ONEIDA contract position supports the Defense Information School’s mission to train and sustain a corps of professional communicators for the Department of Defense and its partners. The Defense Information School is a part of the Defense Media Activity (DMA) located on Fort George Meade, Maryland. The DMA mission is to provide a wide variety of information products to the Department of Defense and its external audiences through all available media, including motion and still imagery; print; radio; television; Web and related emerging Internet, mobile, and other communication technologies.
The ONEIDA contractor will be responsible for providing instruction at the Defense Information School in the public affairs, communication strategy and visual information fields. The position requires the incumbent to use established training criteria for teaching the disciplines of Military Planning, Communication Planning, Media Engagement, English Usage and Writing, and Visual Information.
Job Description: Contract Training Instructor (full-time)
An incumbent DINFOS training instructor’s typical work assignments will include:
- Serving as a training instructor, Subject Matter Expert, in the Public Affairs and Communication Strategy and Visual Information (VI) career fields.
- Being a member of a team of assigned military and civilian instructors, with responsibilities to assist with managing team training schedules and mentor other instructors.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of the methods and techniques of instruction in order to use various adult learning techniques and methodologies.
- Leading and/or facilitating classroom instruction of military, DoD civilian, and international students in Public Affairs, Communication Strategy, and Visual Information.
- Serving, as needed, in course design and revision following feedback from the military services (Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, Space Force) who are the primary DINFOS clients.
- Assisting with modifications of course content as needed, as well as development of future courses as directed.
Successful candidates will have had prior experience working as a media relations professional, press officer, visual information expert, or similar. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate proficiency with:
- Teaching in an adult education program, secondary school, college, military installation, or industrial establishment in the media relations, public affairs or related communication fields.
- Supervising or administering a training program.
- Developing training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluation of training results.
This is a full-time position with occasional opportunities to telework depending on the needs of DINFOS.
Candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening test and periodic drug screening thereafter.
The Oneida ESC Group is a family of companies owned by the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin that delivers customer-focused engineering, science, construction and professional services worldwide.
Interested applicants should email a statement of interest along with their resume to ONEIDA’s DINFOS site lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.