Location: 6500 MAPES ROAD, FT MEADE, MD
Class Schedule FY: 2019
07 Jan 2019
08 Jan 2019
07 Mar 2019
12 Mar 2019
13 Mar 2019
09 May 2019
12 May 2019
13 May 2019
17 Jul 2019
22 Jul 2019
23 Jul 2019
18 Sep 2019
22 Sep 2019
23 Sep 2019
21 Nov 2019
The course educates photographers and journalists in established communication theories and provides training in current best practices of photojournalism, so that graduates will be effective multi-platform communicators for their commands. Areas of instruction include visual and written communication theory, writing and photography interrelationships, news and feature writing, design principles, and intermediate photographic equipment and techniques to include electronic imaging, desktop publishing, digital cameras, image transmission, and archiving.
Prerequisites for Course DINFOS-IPC
There are no Prerequisites in the Verifiable Prerequisites section. See other sections.
The Student must satisfy any one of the following Prerequisite Course Solution Sets:
Students must: have graduated from course:
· USMC - E-4 through E-7
· USCG - E-4 through E-6
· Civilian - Employees of DoD or other federal agencies; GS-5 and above; Series 1035 or 1082
For all services listed above: Minimum of one-year graduation of the Defense Information School's Basic Journalist Course, AFIS-BJC, DINFOS BPAS-W, DINFOS-BPASC, DINFOS-BPASC-ADL-NR/R, or PARC (for guardsmen and reservists) or a minimum of 15 hours credit for college level coursework in related or comparable areas.
· USMC - E-3 and above (CL of 110)
· Civilian - Employees of DoD or other federal agencies; GS-5 and above; Series 1060.
For all services listed above: Minimum of one-year graduation from a Service school photography course, AFIS-BSP, or DINFOS-BSP, or have a minimum of 15 hours credit for college level coursework in related or comparable areas.
· Journalists - CMF46: E-4 - E-6 MOS 46Q; minimum of one-year graduation from DINFOS-BPAS-W, DINFOS-BPASC, or DINFOS-BPASCADL-R
· Photographers - CMF25: E-4 and above (GT of 110 - WK, AD and NO of 163)
4. USAF: E-4 through E-6 (E-7 Reserve or Guard may attend); students must possess a fully qualified 5-level journeyman AFSC 3NOX5; DINFOS BSP and DINFOS BPJC-USAF.
5. USN: E-4 through E-6, Mass Communication Specialists (MC); minimum of one-year experience in the fleet
6. International Students: Due to the extensive amount of writing required for the course, international students must have a solid understanding of English language usage, grammar and syntax. Students must score an 85 on the English Comprehension Level (ECL) Test and be able to type. These requirements cannot be waived.
· Journalists: Graduate of AFIS-BJC, DINFOS-BPAS-W, DINFOS-BPASC, AFIS-PAOC, DINFOS-PAOQC or DINFOS PAQC, or a minimum of 15 hours credit for college journalism coursework. Student must have a minimum of one year of experience on a newspaper staff and be able to type 20 words per minute.
· Photographers: Graduate of a Service school photography course, AFIS-BSP or DINFOS-BSP, or a minimum of 15 hours credit for college level coursework in related or comparable areas. Student must have a minimum of one year of photography experience in support of a newspaper staff/publication and be able to type 20 words per minute.